The town Reverend. He doesn't always want to get involved in things. Was once a heavy gambler and card shark before being saved and becoming a reverend. Appeared fond of Dr. Mike in the earliest seasons, and eventually proposes to her partially in an attempt to help the orphans from the orphan train. Was reunited with an old flame in season 2 episode "Just One Lullaby" when she is hired as the new school teacher, and they become engaged soon afterwards. Upon learning that she is physically abusing the school children, he breaks it off and she leaves town.
Played by Geoffrey Lower.
- He does his best to stay neutral on all issues
- Pilot - He's hesitant to accept Dr. Mike as a doctor.
- Epidemic - He helps Dr. Mike treat the sick & tends to the deceased.
- The Visitor
- Law of the Land
- The Healing
- Father's Day
- Bad Water - originally part of the "rescue team" going to save Dr. Mike & Sully. Runs into a sign before leaving town though.
- The Great American Medicine Show
- A Cowboy's Lullaby - helps Dr. Mike find a home for the McCall baby, unsuccessfully.
- Running Ghost
- The Prisoner
- Happy Birthday
- Rite of Passage